2020 -Trade Changes| Production
- Global rice production in 2020/21 is forecast at 501.2 million tons (milled basis), up 0.1 million tons from the previous forecast, 1 percent above a year earlier and the highest on record.
- Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Burma, China, Colombia, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Laos, Mexico, Pakistan, Panama, Sub-Saharan Africa, Thailand, and the United States are each expected to produce more rice in 2020/21 than a year earlier.
- India’s crop is projected to increase almost 1.6 million tons to a record 120.0 million tons.
- U.S. crop is projected to rise more than 1.3 million tons.
- Thailand’s crop is projected to be up nearly 0.95 million tons from the 2019/20 sharply-reduced, drought-impacted crop.
- Indonesia’s production is projected to rise by 0.9 million tons.
- Australia’s 2020/21 production forecast of 0.61 million tons is up almost 0.57 million from the 2019/20 drought-reduced harvest, a result of a substantial area recovery.
- Pakistan’s 2020/21 production forecast of a record 7.6 million tons is up 0.4 million tons from last year, a result of a higher yield.
- China’s forecast production of 147.0 million tons is up just 0.3 million from a year earlier, a result of a slightly larger harvested area.
- Reduced harvested area is responsible for a projected 0.23-million ton drop in the Philippines rice production in 2020/21.
- Production is projected to decline 0.12 million tons in both Brazil and Paraguay in 2020/21, a result of weaker yields.
- Vietnam’s 2020/21 production is projected to drop 0.15 million tons as the area continues to decline.
- In contrast, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, Egypt, EU, Iraq, South Korea, Madagascar, Paraguay, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Venezuela, and Vietnam are projected to harvest smaller crops in 2020/21.
Welcome to Rice News Today!
The access to our website is free and will remain free always for most of the contents.
However, you need to create a new account to access the website. It will not take much of your time to create a new account and you will have an access to your favorite website to browse rice news, quick stats, latest stats on basmati, downloads and a lot more at one-place!
Thanks & have nice rice news today exploring!